Pokémon Go: Step-by-Step Guide
Have you heard of Pokémon Go? If not, then sadly you might be living under a rock. The location-based game was released in July and has become a gaming craze. The idea is playing the game in your own surrounding, catching the characters in real-life venues.
Download Pokémon Go and create an account.
- Choose your avatar.
- Go outside and tap on one of the three Pokémon (Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) to use it as your starter Pokémon.
- Continue catching other Pokémon to gain XP and level up.
- Visit cafés, street landmarks, etc. to find PokeStops.
- When a PokeStop shows up on your screen, go near it to get PokeBalls, Potions and Revives for your Pokémon.
- Once you reach level 5, pick a team. There are three teams: team Mystic (blue) for mind and calm, Valor (red) for passion and team Instinct (yellow).
- Visit the gyms that are around you. If they are not claimed by any team, you can leave a Pokémon to protect it. If it is claimed by another team, you can battle their Pokémon and capture the gym. Pokémon battles only take place at gyms.