Recipe courtesy of Crave
Pesto Spaghetti (serves 2)
For the pasta
• ½ pack spaghetti
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 tbspparmesan cheese for garnish
For the pesto
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 cup basil leaves, picked & washed
• ¼ cup parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup pine nuts
• ¼ cup olive oil
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• In a blender/food processor, blitz all pesto ingredients together till a crumbly green paste is formed.
• Add oil and salt to a pot of water and bring to boil, and then add spaghetti.
• Drain spaghetti when it’s close to al dente and set aside, reserving one ladle of pasta water for sauce. (The starch in the water keeps the spaghetti fresh & prevents it from becoming too dry after draining it)
• Add 4 tablespoons of the pesto paste in a pot along with the pasta water, and cook spaghetti for approximately 5-10, till the desired tenderness in taste is achieved.
• Serve immediately and garnish with parmesan cheese shavings & a basil leaf or a few toasted pine nuts.
• To store the pesto: Place in a clean jar and cover top layer with olive oil, to prevent air from coming in and letting it spoil.